CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Hoover dam




Jason and I drove to Arizona last weekend to deliver a horse that he had sold. Long story short, we hit an awful snow storm and it took us about five hours longer than we had expected. We left at 4 am and arrived at 11:30 pm. What a long drive!!! Some things were fun about it, Grandma Erickson volunteered to watch the kids, so Jason and I were actually able to talk to each other! That was a big change. We also got to see hoover dam, I hadn't been there since I was a kid. It was really cool to see it again. I know it's silly, but I kept thinking about all the movies that have had the Hoover dam in them. There are really quite a lot if you think about it.( like I said, it was a REALLY long drive!) When we got to Arizona, we stayed at the guys house who bought the horse, in his "bunk house". The place was nicer than our first house! It rained all night and the next day as well. We were pretty bummed, we thought we'd get to enjoy the warm weather while we were there, and Jason was all excited to rope. I cheered him up and took him shopping instead! The next morning we got back into the pick-up and drove the nearly 20 hrs. home. It was a quick trip and mostly spent in the car, but I got to spend time with my hubby so all in all it was a good trip.

2 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

I am glad you and Jason get some time alone, even if it was mostly driving!

Emily said...

Too bad about the weather! Sounds like you still had fun though. :)