CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

our soccer season in a nut shell

We have had a crazy summer filled with games almost every night, but I have not been good about taking pictures of the kids while playing. (hard to take pictures while coaching!) My brother was at Isabel's last game and got some really good shots of her so I thought I'd share. Isabel has had a great season. She loves soccer (almost as much as gymnastics)and it shows in the way she plays. She really is so much fun to watch! She is usually the smallest player on the field, but is not at all shy about going for the ball, no matter how big the other kid is who has it. It can actually be a little comical at times. She has her last game tomorrow and they have not lost a game. WoooHooo!! (I'd like to think it has something to do with the coaching!) It has been a really fun season.



Bennett had his last game tonight. He is not as into team sports as Isabel is, but the truth is he is really good. I keep signing him up thinking he will start to like it, but so far it hasn't worked. If he ever decided he liked it, he would be the best kid out there. He was pretty happy that this was his last game. Oh well, I guess he is going to be our golfer. He does make a good looking soccer player though!

Evan has his last game on Thursday. I still don't have any pictures of him playing yet (coaching) but I will get at least one at the next game. He likes to play, but gets easily distracted. One minute he is kicking the ball and the next he is running up to me for a hug, or wrestling with one of his team mates. The last game I had to stop him from giving another kid a piggy back ride as the ball went right past him! It is so funny to watch him play!

Well that's our soccer season in a nut shell. I am really happy to say it is almost over, and our lives can get back to normal!! YEAH!! That is until basketball starts.....

6 comments:

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

Looks like fun!! Are you sure you want it to be over?

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

Gini- It is so good to see you back and going on your blog! Between you and Tara, you guys are probably the busiest moms I have ever met! And good moms at that too. I LOVE my sling! Sadie loves it too. I use it all the time. It makes doing things that much easier! Thanks so much. Your kids are all so dang cute and it looks like you had one fun summer!

tiarastantrums said...

Gini - come and see me - I have something for you

Cari Payne said...

My girls wanted to play soccer so bad this summer! Next year you will have to tell me when to sign them up, so they can play! Cute pics! Cari

Yumi said...

Hey! I tagged you...you are supposed to look at my blog.
Hope you had a great summer!
Now, get back to blogging, girl!
:)

lydia moyer said...

so you finally update your blog and i was so excited to hear what your were going to vent about and when i got here it was already gone, darn it! i always love a good venting session:)