CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Tis the Season

We are getting to that time of year again, you know what I'm talking about, the hustle and bustle of Christmas. I know it's only the first of November, but sometimes we have to think ahead! I know lots of you like to help out this time of year, donating to local food banks or donating gifts to under privileged kids. Well if you are looking for a project this year, my sis-in-law Kelly has the perfect opportunity for you. She is collecting items for the kids in the orphanage in Africa where she spent a month this year. The things the kids need are so basic and inexpensive, to help would be of little or no cost to you, but would mean the world to these beautiful children. She is collecting rain jackets, flip flops and back packs. Now your kids might think these things would be very boring to get for Christmas, but the kids at the Ryvanz-Mia Orphanage have little to nothing and these items would be such a blessing for them. Please take the time to check out her blog page http://kpandochildrensfund.blogspot.com/ for more information.

5 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

thanks for the site - we are doing all this as well through our church!

Nicole Stucki said...

I love the holiday season! So much fun. I'm ready to put up the christmas decorations:)! I don't think I will be able to make it to the midnight premier. We will be out of town. I really want to go though. Oh well another night! Thanks for the invite though. Are you guys here for Thanksgiving this year?

Brittany said...

Awesome! I'll talk to Lawrence about it.

I'm sorry about forgetting to remind you about the meeting! But you're in LUCK! Check out www.idahobabywearers.blogspot.com and there's a calendar of events on the right hand side. There are a couple of demos where we'll show how to wear them and then you can try them on. There's a raffle, too, so that's a bonus! Consider this your official invitation & reminder. :)

Brittany said...

LOL I'll talk to Lawrence about the donations to Africa. It's awesome that you guys are involved with it.

Karen Lewis said...

How totally fun! I'll have to show Tyler the pictures of Bennett! He will love it. Great pictures! Great blog--I'll be back! (How is that for a review sounding comment!) Did you get my message about Tyler's bday party? I'll see you then! Karen