CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Midnight Movie Madness!

As you all know I am a huge fan of the Twilight series and have been anxiously awaiting the movie to come out as many, many other women alike. I planned a fun girls night out for dinner and the midnight premiere of the movie. We had a lot of fun just getting out, away from the kids and the house and yes, even you men. (sorry honey, you know I love ya) What I had not planned on was how rude and catty, overly tired and romantically starved women can get over seats when waiting to see "their Edward". Not all of us were like this this, in fact it was a very small handful out of thousands that were there, but it was very funny to watch these women fight over seats. At least it was funny to me because I wasn't one of the ones getting yelled at. It really amazed me how emotional people were getting. After all of that, standing in line (the line went around the theater, but luckily ours was the first to be seated so we didn't have to wait long. I felt bad for everyone else that had to stand outside wrapped up in their blankets. It was really cold that night!), fighting for seats, waiting in our seats for hours, the movie starting late because the projector was having problems, the movie wasn't that great. It was okay, I was just disappointed because it was done so cheaply. After all the hype, I was expecting an epic movie. I'm not saying the movie was horrible, and you shouldn't go see it. It was a good movie, it just wasn't as good as the books. So if you go see it, just lower your expectations. I didn't get home until three thirty in the morning and the crazy thing was I could not go to sleep! I was still so wound up. So when the alarm went off at seven to get the kids up for school I wasn't to happy. It was all worth it though and the truth is I would do it again. I had such a great time. Thanks Ladies. I'm looking forward to seeing it again this week with my Mom and My Sister Candi while I'm in Bozeman for Thanksgiving.



This was taken after the movie. 2:30 Can you tell how sleepy we are?!! This is only half of us I'm not sure what happened to the rest of them.

7 comments:

Yumi said...

Oooohh...I so wanna go see it! I'm excruciatingly jealous-although I don't think I could have handled the CRAZY female crowds at midnight! Girls are ruthless!
Sounds like a fun night!

tiarastantrums said...

too FUNNY!!!!!

Leslie said...

I agree . . . it certainly didn't exceed my expectations, but it was still an okay movie. I'd see it again but only because I've read the books. BTW - I'm curious as to which theater (at the Edward Cinemas) were you in? I was in theater 10 and didn't get home until 3:30 as well! Crazy!

Geisler's said...

Inspite of the cattyness it sounds like you all had a great time. I'm sad I missed it!! Maybe next time. I hear the next one comes out in June??

tiarastantrums said...

Have A Happy thanksgiving and safe travels!! Plus- did you see the turkey pops on Bakerella- so cute!!

lydia moyer said...

hey gini, this weekend stehanie taberes was telling me about her facebook and that you are one of her friends so i went and checked it out there are lots of people on there (like penny and my brother etc.)how do you like facebook? i'm interested but i don't want to sign up if it's not that great.

Burgie's said...

Gini,
Sorry we ditched you guys right after the movie. Whitney felt like she was going to throw up and I did not think that any of you wanted to be apart of that especially at 3 in the morning. It was great to get out and have some fun. Since Sonny is gone I don't get a chance to get out much. I am sure you can relate. It was so great to get to know other people. I can not believe I have been in the ward for over a year and still don't know very many people. we need to do something more often so that i can get to know you guys a little better. I am glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with your family.

Stacy