CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Big Problem, a story by Bennett Erickson

Once I had a big problem on my hands. And yes, I know you want to find out what the problem is but you will have to wait and see.
I was buying a lot of stuff and it was 1934. I was very, very poor and I had spent all of my money. Once I found out I said “Ooooooooooooooohhh that’s great!” I went to my room and sat on my bed and I thought and thought and thought until I knew what I was going to do. “Aha!” I yelled as I ran out the door and to the library.
I had a great idea, and I just need a little help getting started. I looked up robots. “Ro-songs…..,ro-books….,row, row, row your boat…., ro-bots….., that’s weird row, row, row your boat, I like that song, but back to business. Robots, where is it, aha, here it is.” “How to make Robots,” I said.
Two days later, and five boxes of band aids, making robots is hard on your hands! I was done with five human helping robots, and the sixth one was being tested. “It’s alive!!! It’s alive!!! Or we are having an earthquake….. No, no, no, he is alive!”
The next day I went to the State Fair to sell them. I sold them for $200.00 each. I know, I know $200.00 each isn’t very much for human helping robots, but remember this is 1934. That was a lot of money back then. It is like $1000.00 today.
“Somebody is coming to buy one, or complain about one. Hello Miss, would you be interested in any human helping robots?” I said.
“Yes, I would,” she whispered.
“Why are you whispering?” I asked.
“My husband is right there,” she pointed to her left. “The robot is a gift for his birthday.”She pays for the robot and leaves.
“One down, five to go.” I said. After I sold all 6 of the robots I had $1200.00 and I started to head home.
Once I arrived home I had another problem, it wasn’t that I was so tired from walking home because I didn’t have a car, but it was that the bank was foreclosing on my house!
I paid the bank $200.00, but the bank said that the “Great Depression” had started. Then I fainted.
THE END

6 comments:

Emily said...

Bennet you are a great writer! I really enjoyed your story. It even had a surprise ending - I was not expecting the foreclosure thing at all! Congratulations on your arrow of light too!

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Bennett,
I really like your story, You could be a great writer some day and make a ton of money! Can I borrow some? It's ok, your rich!
Love, Grampa brown

moma berry said...

Bennet you can really write well. I enjoyed your story. See you soon

Stacy Stoddard said...

he is a great writer, i love his sence of humor.

Yumi said...

Gini-you got funny kids.

tiarastantrums said...

hee he - so sweet!