CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy New Year!!

We had a little New Years party with Jason's brothers and their families. It was a lot of fun, we ate a lot of really good food, and played games, and the kids ran wild all night! I don't think that the kids have ever stayed up that late before. I was really surprised that they made it to midnight, well at least the older three did. Will went up to his room and got in bed with out saying anything to anyone! It was pretty funny, when I realized he was gone I went upstairs to find him curled up in a ball on his bed fast asleep. I took him downstairs to get a picture of the kids at midnight. He didn't even wake up. The next morning I told him what had happened and he didn't believe me until he saw the picture, then he just smiled and giggled. What a cutie! As I look back at the past year I realize how blessed we are. I think to often I get wrapped up in my problems that I don't focus on the good things in my life. This year Jason changed jobs, which has been such a blessing, he has been able to spend so much more time at home with me and the kids, it has been wonderful. We had a new addition to the family. Our beautiful Lillia Christine. She is such a sweet spirit and I am so thankful to be her mom. The kids all experienced something new and special and everyday brings more change and more blessings. So that is my New Years resolution, to focus on the good and not the bad, to look for the good that happens everyday, and to be thankful for everything in my life, big or small. I hope you all have a wonderful new year!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Isabel is the only one who looks like she could stay up for another 3 hrs! We had so much fun that night with you guys. Thanks so much for having us over. We definitely miss all the laughing & all the chaos of kids running around. Give your family a big hug from us!

Tess Brown said...

I am more like Will when it comes to New Year's Eve. Looks like you had a great time!

Love- Aunt Tess

Jake and Megan said...

We had so much fun with you guys! We need to have more parties! Jace and Mallory love playing with your kids