CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Journey.....

The kids have been begging me to go and see "Journey to the center of the Earth" since they first started seeing previews for it. I told them that they could see it if they read the book first. So months ago we went to library, checked it out and read it together. (I like to do this with all movies based on books, it gets the kids excited to read.) We had it read before the movie even came out. The problem was, it costs a lot to take two adult and four kids to a movie when it first comes out, but I did make a promise to the kids. Finally last week it came out in the dollar theater, (Hooray for cheap theaters!!) and since the yard was flooded and it was pouring rain outside, today was a perfect movie day. The kids LOVED it!! It was filled with action, and comical scenes that had my kids rolling! Will has been talking about it all night. There were some cheesy parts, but as far as a family movie goes, this one was awesome. A must see if your kids like movies other than cartoons.

1 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

we took our kids to see this as well - I thought it was pretty silly but my son liked it!!