CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

updates











After a few requests to see the side by side pictures of Mrs. Palin and myself, what do you think?Any resemblance? I have to admit that I really tried to make myself look like her. My outfit (I didn't have a red blazer so I had to settle for the tan one in the picture. I did consider going over to my in laws and borrowing one of my MIL's!) my hair (I don't have bangs and I'm not very good at ratting my hair into a beehive) but all in all I'd say I got it kinda close. So I'm taking a pole, What do you think, do I look like the woman? Not to try and sway your votes one way or another, but I am still a bit miffed at that guy!


Also on an other note, another update, Most of you probably already know since I'm usually the last to hear about things. (the cost of living in a small town) Stephenie Meyer has started writing another twilight book. Well I should say started and then stopped. She started writing "midnight Sun" which is the first twilight book, but from Edwards point of view. She had given the first couple of chapters to a few people to see what they thought, her publicist, friends, family, and somehow it got leaked to the Internet. She was devastated and decided that she would not finish it. (stupid thieving jerk had to ruin it for the rest of us!) She did decide to go ahead and put the first twelve chapters that she had done on her website. So any of us that knew it was out there would get it from her instead of searching the Internet for it. (the whole explanation is on the website also) I have to say it is amazing!! You get so much more from Edwards point of view, (with the whole reading minds thing) you get to really know the other characters a lot better. I am so sad that I wont get to read the entire story, but we do know how the story ends, so it's not terribly frustrating. I know I'm a little crazy, but the other night I read both twilight and midnight sun together. I'd read a few chapters in one and then read a few chapters in the other, until I was done. It was so good I had to read them all again. (yes, my fifth time! like I said, crazy.) Her web site is http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ Check it out, you will not be disappointed. It is really that good!

15 comments:

Emily said...

Gini - I'm not trying to make you mad, but I think you actually do look like S. Palin. I thought that after the first post with the crazy guy at church. But to my defense, I think she is a very pretty lady.

Emily said...

I forgot to add that I don't think you look that same AGE just similiar eyes, nose, mouth, glasses, etc. You do much better with your hair though. :)

lydia moyer said...

that is AWESOME! you just made my day! i so wish i was there to help you pull that off. i would have been laughing my butt off! i think your way prettier though!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I have to say that you are much prettier than Palin, but you did a good job trying to look like her. I think it's so funny the connections people make. I had one lady at the temple tell me I looked like Tia Leoni once. And then the funniest one was someone said I look like Conan O'Brien's sister. I think it's the strong jaw line? Ha, Ha!

♥jada said...

Gini, you are so much prettier than Palin. I don't think there is much resemblance there. I do think that some people just see the stylish glasses and think you look similar. People use to say that I looked like Princess Di. That was way back when I had short hair. I don't care how pretty people thought she was. I hated it!

Yumi said...

wow, gini-you did a bang-up job of fixing yourself up like the gop vp! But, as i said before, she is a pretty lady! and you are much prettier. How can you look so great after having 5 kids? i've only had 3 and i look like i've had 10-and that's with make-up!(that i only wear maybe 3 times a week...ok, so partly my own fault for looking like a slob) haha

Mac and Kelly said...

I don't think you two look a thing alike. That man was stupid or blind.

tiarastantrums said...

First - Gini - NO WAY - you are much prettier and much skinnier! Hello?! That dude was crazy!
Secondly - great idea to read in tandem!! If I read these books again, my husband will kill me, I couldn't put them down!! My kids kept saying, MOmma is reading the flower books! ha ha

Kathryn said...

Gini, I have to admit I have looked at your blog through Lydia's link a couple of times. Your family is beautiful and you look awesome (much younger then Palin). I ran into your parents this summer and they gave me your blog address as well. Finally I am getting around to commenting. I loved reading all of the recent posts. I am with Lydia, I think it is awesome you took the time to do the comparison. It cracks me up! It is fun to see all of the activities that your kids are into. Mine are doing alot of the same. Hope to keep in touch. Does your sister have a blog?

jenn w said...

Gini,

I dont think you look ANYTHING like Palin. She is nice looking, and of course you are gorgeous, but sorry---no connection for me. Its true what Rachel said about connections! (Rachel actually DOES look like Tea Leoni.)Its funny that you got all dolled up to try to look like her though. NICE!!! lol!!

Tara said...

Maybe borrowing Coleen's red blazer would've helped out a bit, but still you do somewhat resemble her. I think it's the sparkle in her eye:) Loved catching up with you, your posts are always great!

tiarastantrums said...

i have something for you- come see me

Emily said...

okay Gini I have been watching the VP debate & I have to say that watching her live - you look nothing like SP. Jed & I decided it is only the cool glasses that are similiar. It must have been that picture & your bang up makeover that threw me off. Besides, I think Jed looks like Brad Pitt so I'm probably not the best judge of who looks like who anyway...:)

Melonius said...

Um, you both have really white teeth...??

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Only one of you is really, really smart! Love, Dad