CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Sunday

The kids looked so nice on Sunday morning in all their Easter clothes. They really wanted to wear them to Grandma's house and hunt for their Easter eggs in them, but Mom is just to mean to let them do that! I think it was about 42 degrees, and where the snow had melted, was now a mud patch. So the nice white things got put away after church.






We went to Grandma and Grandpa Erickson's for dinner and fun. Johnnie and Treena, J.T. and Amanda, and Jake and the kids were also there. Megan was not feeling well, so couldn't come. (we missed you Megan!) Dinner was great, as always, and I had planned a few games. First we had the Easter egg hunt. There were a few places out in their yard where the snow had melted, and the kids had fun running around finding the eggs. I had to keep reminding Bennett and Isabel that the little kids needed to find some eggs too! They were really good at sharing and put the eggs back for Evan, Will, and Malory to find. After that we had the "guess how many jelly beans are in the jar" game. After some very different guesses (we had all the way up to 9000, thanks to Will) Grandpa ended up guessing the closest and winning the jar of jelly beans! There were actually 635 in the jar, I know because I counted every "flippin" bean! Next came the spoon race. I paired up the kids according to their age, so Isabel and Bennett, Evan and Jace, and Mallory and Will raced against each other. It was so funny to watch. We played this game out on the deck, since it was the driest place. I think the kids enjoyed this game the most. Although it was pretty tricky for Malory and Will. The last game we played was the egg toss. I had the "big kids" play this one with us. I think that was a mistake, because Jason, Jake, and John don't follow directions very well! They were throwing it when they were not supposed to and throwing it up as high as they could. It was very unorganized! Grandma and Grandpa, ended up winning even through all the confusion. I think they have been practicing! If the Olympics had an egg toss competition, those two could enter and win the gold! We had a wonderful Easter and hope everyone else did as well!






I have to apologize to Jace, From where I was standing it looked like Evan won, but after watching the video I think that was a tie!! Good job Jace, nice comeback!

3 comments:

jenn w said...

Very cute easter pics!

Emily said...

how fun. I can only imagine the egg toss!!! It was probably a good thing we weren't there so Jed didn't add to the chaos. All the kids look so cute. Give them all a big hug from us. :)

Jake and Megan said...

I know my kids had so much fun! You always make things so much fun. I was really sad that day knowing I was missing all the fun. We need to do it more! Your kids look so cute for Easter.