CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tag I'm it!

O.K. so I've been tagged. It's probably a good thing because I haven't had anything to post for a while! Let's see if I can even remember that long ago.

20 years: I was 10 years old, living in the Seattle, Washington area. I was in fourth grade and had a style all my own! My favorite pair of shoes were actually the kind of shoes you see boxers wear. They were tennis shoes but they went all the way up to my knees! They were bright purple and had pink laces. I wore them everywhere (church, school, home) I can even remember trying to wear them to bed, my Mom wouldn't let me. I can remember my sister trying to get me to take them off, telling me how embarrassing it was for her to be seen with me. I thought she was CRAZY!! My mom finally made me throw them out when they started to stink up the house because I wore them non-stop. My best friends were, Lanis Brunette and Nicky Brue, and I had my first crush on Jason Mercer. I would chase him around at recess trying to kiss him. (Bennett, don't do this!!!)

10 years: Jason and I had been married for a little over a year and Bennett was almost 1 month old. We were living in a little tiny green house out on highway 48 in Rigby. It was actually a nice little house, except for all the spiders! We called it the arachnophobia house. I couldn't wait to move, I really hate spiders!! I was really enjoying being a first time mom, and I can remember just sitting in my rocking chair holding Bennett all day and listening to the Titanic soundtrack.(Jason had given it to me for valentines day a few weeks earlier.) A few months later we bought our first house.

5 years: Jason and I were living in the house were in now, and I was a stay at home Mom to Bennett, Isabel and Evan. I was driving " the bus" for Bennett's school. It was actually a big van, and helping out a lot in his classroom. Jason was working at Colonial Truck and Auto in Rexburg. It's funny that I can remember more about life 20 years ago than I can 5 years ago. I guess it goes to show you how being a Mom can melt your brain!

1 year: Last year I was very pregnant with Lillia, on bed rest trying to keep her in a little longer, while still trying to be a good Mom to the other four. That was not an easy time. Jason had just changed jobs, from finance manager at Thrifty Car sales to Real estate agent. That was a difficult time for Jason as well. But a good change, he was able to be home a lot more and help with the kids.(I say it was a good change, but maybe Jason will tell you something else!)

This year: So far this year things have been both good and bad. Jason has started writing loans as well as the real estate, which he has really enjoyed. It is a lot like the finance he was doing with cars. I have been able to get my headaches under control, thanks to a great medicine my neurologist prescribed and I have been feeling more like myself. I have been making and selling baby slings,(Kangaroo pouch, custom baby slings by Gini)I am in the process of making a blog specifically for that, which I am really excited about. The bad news is my Mom has been diagnosed with Colon cancer, and after surgery last month is in the process of starting chemotherapy and will be going through it for six months. I am having a really hard time processing this. It is difficult when someone you love get sick, so please everyone remember her in your prayers.

Yesterday: I ran, I cooked, I played, I cleaned, I changed diapers, I kissed owies, I read books and did it all over again and again and again, until bedtime and then I relaxed with Jason and watched a movie.(if it was any good I would mention it by name, but it wasn't)

Today and Tomorrow: The same as above with a few very small changes. See why I haven't posted anything for a while! My Moab race is next Sat. and I am really excited for that.

This year: I am looking forward to spring, sunshine, and more life as a mother of five! (I know, I'm boring!)

Thanks, Megan for "tagging" me, it was fun to think back at all the changes over the past twenty years. It is strange to think what will happen in the next twenty!
I tag Trena and Tresa, you guys need to start a blog and now you have something to start with!

1 comments:

Emily said...

I forgot to put this comment on last time I was on your blog - but as I was reading through stuff I kept thinking "that wasn't really 5 years ago was it?" Crazy how fast time flies! That is funny about the jump from elementary school to married with children in one entry!