CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Robyn

My sister Robyn, is an extremely talented writer. When I was a senior in high school, she wrote me a poem for Christmas. It was and still is my favorite Christmas present that I have ever received. I was going through some of my old things yesterday, and came across it. I thought I would share it with you.

An Angel
My sister,
a beauty
(who's beastly
if you mess
with me)
but she smiles,
my sister,
and the angels
laugh
with her-
She's one of them
you see
This woman-
child
Is just a
wild
administering
angel and
again and again
I trust her
with my life
and my soul-
it's my heart
she holds
The power to mend-
My confidant,
my sister,
my very best friend

1 comments:

Emily said...

Most poems don't make any sense to me, but this is a great one. Thanks for sharing.