CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

decorating eggs


Saturday we decided to decorate eggs instead of going to the city park for the so called Easter egg hunt. I say "so called" because this year instead of an actual Easter egg hunt, because of all the snow, they decided to have an Easter bunny there, that would pass out candy to the kids. So basically we would have to stand in a long line out in the cold, um... no thanks! We had a blast at home. We tried a new way to decorate the eggs. You put the boiled egg in a colander, put on a few drops of vinegar, one drop of food coloring, and you spin the egg around in the colander. You can put up to three colors on an egg, after that they basically turn black. The eggs turned out really cool, kind of tie dyed. We also did it the traditional way because it would take way to long to color the 46 eggs that I cooked, doing them one at a time like that! I was glad to have some bleach in the house after the kids knocked over the cups of dye all over my white counter tops! by the time we were done, my counter tops were a purple-black-brown color! Oh well, the kids had so much fun, so what's a little mess compared to that?!


4 comments:

jenn w said...

Wow, 46 eggs! Thats such a cool idea to do a tyedye looking effect.
Love it! and sorry about the mess! eeek!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Eggs, food coloring, and five little kids, your quite the brave women!

Yumi said...

I know, I comment too much & way too long. I should just email, but then I'd be sending you novellas.
Looks like a fun Easter for you guys!
Last year, we colored eggs...but this year we skipped it. And since our girls are really too young to notice, I'm taking advantage of their inexperience with holidays to skip out on the messy ones. Probably next year, though. I just may steal your "tye dye" idea! Looks great...minus the messy counters. :)

Emily said...

that is such a cool idea. You always come up with such great things to do with your kids. Ava really loved watching Will in the video. She was telling him that her favorite color is pink & green!