CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Do you have a swing set?


I was asked to substitute in primary today at church, I said yes and was really surprised at how well behaved the class I taught was. I don't know why, but I am usually asked to teach the worst class in the entire primary, with little monsters waiting to get me alone in the classroom so they can eat me alive! I was very happy to have a class that actually listened and participated in the games and stories. Anyway, this is not the point to my story, but I thought I'd share that little tid bit of information.
Before class time, we were sitting in sharing time, and my class was sitting just behind Will's class. I love that age group, they are so funny to just sit back and listen to the things they say. One of the boys in his class was going around asking all the other kids if they had a swing set. Well it was actually more like this, "I have a swing set, do you have a swing set?" over and over to all the kids. Most of the kids replied yes, but when he got to Will, that was a different story. He says again, "I have a swing set, do you have a swing set?" Will didn't say anything, but he shook his head no and then hung his head in shame. It was very funny and at the same time so sad! You could tell Will was so nervous about getting asked this question, knowing that he would have to say no. Like it was the worst thing in the world to not have a swing set! I think it might just be time to break down and buy one of these things. If I only had a camera with me to catch the look on his face, so sad. If anyone knows of a good deal let me know.

6 comments:

lydia moyer said...

there's nothing more that i can't stand then a swing set bully! just put a rope up in one of your trees that keeps my kids satisfied!

Yumi said...

Whoa! That swingset pic you posted is nicer then all the parks I've ever seen here in Hawaii...my girls would seriously be in heaven! Whenever we go to Sam's Club, they always ask for one of those (they have one on display here...like anyone in Hawaii has a yard big enough for it!?)
Oh,and good for you for accepting the call. Our ward seems to think that subbing for Primary is not necessary...they actually say "no"!! How terrible is that?!

tiarastantrums said...

good luck, every place is expensive!! Check garage sales!

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Did he forget about the tire-horse-rope swing? Also, all he had to say was "no, we have horses!" (and a trampoline) We've got to get the tree house built! We can win the swing set war!

Brittany said...

We've been looking, too. So if you find a good deal clue me in, will you? Oh, the cats are so cute!!! We have a couple that come around begging for treats every now and then so I tell the boys that "Max" (what we named the cat) is our pet. They're not falling for it anymore and they want a "real pet". ha ha ha Too bad, so sad for my kids!

Gini said...

I know right!! what a swing set!! In my kids dreams. We have had our eye on the one at Sam's club, but it is just so expensive. Maybe when Jason has a big sale. I am planning on building a tree house for the kids this summer, maybe we could just attach a couple of swings to it and call it good.