CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Felix and Blossom

Introducing the newest members of our family, Felix and Blossom. Isabel had a friend over on Friday and her friend mentioned that her cat had kittens and they were looking for a good home. We were not in anyway looking for another cat, (we have tried to have cats a couple times, but they don't last to long. They have been taken by the road, the owls, and I think even the neighbors!) but Isabel was very persistent and I gave in. When we took her friend home Isabel got to pick out a kitten. They were all so cute and Isabel just couldn't decide which one she wanted more, plus the fact that I'm such a pushover for a cute animal and my kids, we ended up coming home with two. Jason was not happy with me, he didn't want one cat let alone two, but two cats are better than one for a couple reasons. 1) they keep each other company, and are less likely to wander off 2) two cats catch more mice than one, and since they (the cats) live in the barn, they should be catching quite a few. 3) two cats means less fighting when all the kids want to hold one. The list could go on and on. (actually that was all I could think of) Isabel got to name them since she picked them out, and I really think they are cute names and fit the kittens. Can you tell which is which? Hopefully these cats decide to stick around, Isabel is becoming very attached already.

4 comments:

lydia moyer said...

that made me laugh. when you run out of ideas it does sound way better to just say and the list just goes on and on or "should i continue?" and just hope no one says yes please!
cute kittens but i loved isabel's painted nails even more!

Yumi said...

We always had cats growing up...they usually ran away, though. Hmmm..we must have been terrible pet owners. :P
Very cute kittens, and I agree with Lydia-very pretty nails indeed! :)

tiarastantrums said...

cats are in the barn?
That is where ours were growing up. But they were mean!!!
Cute!!

Gini said...

Isabel calls them her ladybug nails. She will bring me the polish and say, "can I have ladybug nails please?!" I love having a girl!