CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Playoffs

Tonight was the Dodgers first playoff game. It is a two game elimination, which is a good thing, because they lost by one run tonight. It was a hard night on both teams (and spectators) because it was pouring rain. We had some wild pitches because the pitchers couldn't keep hold of the wet ball, and the other boys were so cold and wet they were having a hard time catching. The game started at 6:30 so I was able to watch about 30 minutes of it before I had to leave to take Evan to his game at 7:00. Luckily Evans game was cancelled due to the rain. I made a quick stop at the convenience store to pick up some hot chocolate before heading back to the Bennett's game. (it was soo cold, we really needed something to warm us back up) I am a true believer in supporting your kids in everything they do. If they are out in the rain playing then we are out in the rain watching. None of this watching from the car for me. I feel like, if they can do it, so can I. My other kids didn't feel as strongly as I did, and decided to stay in the car and watch a movie. Which was fine by me, that means less whining that I have to deal with. I don't know if they got bored or if the puddles were just too irresistible, but they only lasted in the car for about twenty minutes. About five seconds later they were soaked head to toe and completely covered in mud. Bennett's second game is on Thursday so more to come..... Hopefully the sun will make an appearance for that game.

3 comments:

Yumi said...

Oooh, Hot Chocolate! I miss that. I make a huge tub of cocoa mix every winter but we only get a small window of opportunity to actually enjoy it. So, in my cupboard it will sit until next winter when I'll probably have to throw it away & make another batch. I like homemade cocoa mix rather than the box kind...
last season we got soaked watching my nephew's soccer match-you're such a great mom! Lucky kids! :)

Gini said...

You'll have to give me that recipe. I'd love to try it. We drink hot chocolate year round. In the summer it get really hot during the day, but at night it can be really cold. Especailly when we go to Jason's rodeos, most of them go really late and we sit in the stands freezing.

Brittany said...

Luke had his first Tball game Tuesday night and it was MISERABLE cold and wet! I'm with you, if they're out there playing, I'm there watching. Hopefully the one tonight will be better! Good luck in the playoffs!!!!