CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Snow? In June?!!

Last night we were at Grandma and Grandpa Ericksons house for a little visit. My kids had been begging me all day to go see Grandma. We get there just as they are breaking out the brownies and ice cream. (perfect timing right!) We were all just sitting around visiting eating our desert when I notice big white flakes coming down outside. No, not snow, but pedals from the blossoms on the apple tree. So I decide to play a little trick on Isabel. I say, "Isabel, look outside it's snowing." She gets a little upset and goes to the window to investigate. She then says "oh man, I thought those were pedals!" We had her going for a few minutes, she even called all of her siblings in from the other room to see the "snow". When they finally saw that it really was flower pedals and not snow, they got really excited as they realized it was a perfect fun new game. They all ran outside and began pretending that they were playing in the snow. It was really quite cute to watch, but haven't we had enough of snow. Real or pretend? I say bring on the heat!

4 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

oh, so ready for the heat too!!
raining here today - again!

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

I love LATE spring in Montana, when it finally stops snowing! (however, the snow is supposed to get down to the 6,000 ft. level tonight) But I'll take popcorn poppin on the appricot tree any time.

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Hey! I just noticed that I was your 1,300th visitor. Do I get a prise?

Emily said...

Yea I don't know if we can come home if it is still that cold!!! That is funny that everyone was fooled. BTW, that comment about Will, his hat, & pretending to be Jed totally made my day (& Jed's). What a cutie. We should be making our trek towards the end of the month - can't wait to see you guys!