CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

All dressed in white

We had a very busy, and wonderful weekend. Isabel was baptised on Saturday! She has been looking forward to this day for so long, and was thrilled it was finally here. Me on the other hand, that was a different story! I was so anxious! It's one of those moments as a parent that you are torn. Where you're so excited for your child on their big day, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to wonder if she really understood the significance of what she was doing. Had I taught her everything she needed to know to make this decision? As she walked into the font to be baptised, I got my answer. I suddenly had a very calming feeling flow threw my body and a small voice inside me saying, she knows, she's ready, she knows. After that, everything was wonderful. I had my answer and I could relax and enjoy this wonderful day and wonderful moment. When Isabel came out of the water she was glowing with the spirit. I can't even explain how beautiful she looked, and how grown up! It really was a great day! We had lots of family come to support Isabel from both sides of the family. It was really nice having everyone there. After the baptism we headed to our house for a huge meal. On Friday I spent the day cooking all kinds of yummy Mexican food. Enchiladas, garlic lime chicken, spicy shrimp, shredded pork and beef and of course salsa!! (My Dad actually made the salsa) I bought the rice and beans from a local restaurant. I can make the rice and beans, but I don't like to! It was an awesome meal! I don't always cook like this (if I did I'd be the size of a house!) but it was a special occasion.


Here we are before her big moment
and here is the family after

I have more pictures that I will post later. I asked my Mom to hold my camera and I forgot to ask for it back! It ended up taking a trip to Bozeman! So, more to come...

10 comments:

tball said...

Congrats Isabel! You look beautiful...
Jason & Gini, What a darling little family! Love the bow ties and the smiles and the family pic of you all. The kids are growing like weeds...
Love, Tresa

Brittany said...

That is so sweet! Sounds like a wonderful day. I wish I'd have known about it, I would have loved to have come!!!! She looks so beautiful!

Emily said...

Wow what a beautiful girl! Isabel we are soo proud of you - you are such a good example to Ava. She looks up to you so much. Congratulations!

♥jada said...

I can't believe how beautiful Isabel is and how fast she is growing. Congratulations!

Cari Payne said...

Isabel you look so Beautiful! What a Special time! They grow up way to fast! I really enjoyed what you said on Sunday! If all us moms stick together and raise Strong Sweet Girls..it will be Wonderful! Luvs, Cari

Aaron said...

What a wonderful experience. Baptisms are always so special. Your family looks great.

Martindale 5 said...

What a day!! Isabelle is beautiful!! I can't wait till Seth is baptized in April. It's been three years since we had a baptism in the family. - Natalie

Yumi said...

Congratulations on such a wonderful day! She did look like she was glowing!

tiarastantrums said...

Lovely!! Really gorgeous family Gini!!

Geisler's said...

Isabel is so cute!! It is so fun to be in Primary to see all the kids the day after their big day!! They have such a peace about them. It probley helps that you are such an amazing Mom!!