CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

fun times

Jason and I had a fun, fun, fun weekend! First we went to Pocatello for the Secondhand Serenade concert. I am a huge Secondhand serenade fan!! Jason not so much, but he loves me so he came along. The show was great! It was just in this small ballroom at ISU so there was only a couple hundred people there. I really like shows like this, you can get up close and personal. The first guy that performed was Alexander Seier. He was really good. He is also the guitar player for Secondhand Serenade. (at least on this tour.) He was just featured on MTV as a new and upcoming performer. (of course, I didn't know this until after the show when I looked him up.) I bought his CD and I really like it. The next performers were a group called Spondee. They pretty much sucked! We were glad when they finished. Then came Secondhand Serenade..... Oh my, this guy is soo good, and put on an awesome show. I got his CD a few months ago and fell in love! I was so excited last week when I heard he was performing at ISU. At the show, I looked over and saw Jason's nephew, Ryley and his nieces, Whitney and Megan! IT was pretty funny to see them there. I think they thought it was just as funny to see us there! Jason kept saying he felt really old standing there with all these kids from the college, then he kept saying, "oh, my back hurts" and "man, my knees hurt." I finally told him to stop acting like an old man and enjoy the show. By the end of the show, even "old man" Jason was a fan. I made a playlist of his new CD "a twist in my story" check it out, he really is that good! (just click on the pop out player)











University of Utah vs. Colorado State:



After the show we headed to Utah. We went down for the University of Utah football game against Colorado State. It was so much fun! We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was in the mid seventies (a miracle since last weekend it was snowing!) and sunny! Our seats were awesome, right on the 50 yard line. The U won by a land slide! 48-16 was the final score. So not the most exciting game, but still fun. Thank You Trena for the tickets!! After the game we met up with Kelly (my sis-in-law) for an early dinner. It was really good to get to see her and catch up. (Mac we missed you, it sucks you had to work.) Then we headed home to save Jake and Megan. You see, they got suckered into watching ALL our kids for us. Long story short, our original babysitters flaked out on us last minute! So here we are two hours before we were supposed to leave, and no babysitter for Saturday. I called Megan and she so kindly agreed to take them. (a million thank yous to Jake and Megan!!) Jason's Mom came over and stayed with the kids on Friday night and then drove them to Jake and Megan's. (a million thank yous to Coleen!!) Thank goodness for wonderful people in our life that we can trust with our kids.





I'm sporting my new U hat!! Jason bought it for me at the game. I figured it was a good investment since Isabel swears she will be going to school here and be on their gymnastics team!

7 comments:

Yumi said...

I LOVE Secondhand Seranade-I have "Fall For You" in my playlist on my blog...great band. And how great that you have family that's willing to watch your kids! Sounds like a great weekend!

Cari Payne said...

Thanks for inviting us!! We were so close to going! My sis went,But Ry and I had some family obligations so we didn't go! Great taste by the way! Cari

tiarastantrums said...

glad you two had a fun weekend away! You area cute couple!! (you look soooo young)

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Go Utes! Beat the Cougars!
Sounds like a great weekend.
Did you stop and say hi to grandma?

Jake and Megan said...

I am glad you both had a great weekend. You both deserve to spend time together. We are just getting ready to go to Jackson for 3 days, and so excited yet so nervous to leave my kids.

By the way, your kids just played all day and did great. Jake and I found out this weekend that we will not being having 8 kids.

Emily said...

What a fun weekend - how relaxing without any kids! Jed talked to Jake & he told him the story of you guys looking over & seeing the Calls & we had a good laugh over that. That is so nice of Jason to go with you b/c I know it would take me a LOT of begging to get Jed to go to a concert with me. I like your hat too it is really cute!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

such cute pics of you two!!