CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

look at these little treats!

I had so much fun in the kitchen today, but before I get into that, I really need to thank Emily and Melanie for sending me to http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/ . Emily, the fact that you thought of me when you saw this blog makes me smile! Everyone who reads this and loves to bake, needs to check out this blog. She has the best ideas for fun baking! (Tiaras and Tantrums, I thought of you!) It is where I got the idea for my project today.

One eyed purple people eaters:

Mummies..... very scary:

These creepy little treats are cup cake pops. All they are is cake mixed with frosting rolled into balls and dipped into a chocolate candy coating and decorated for Halloween.

Cupcake Bites:

These little tasty treats are basically the same thing. It is cake mixed with frosting rolled into balls and then placed into candy molds with melted chocolate in the bottom. Once the chocolate has set you dip the tops into melted chocolate candy coating and decorate. They were pretty simple once I got the hang of it. (It did take me a while to get the hang of it) Once I was finished I packaged them up and took them to my visiting teaching sisters. Later (after it was dark) the kids and me took these to a couple of houses and "boo'd" them. Which is knocking on the door, leaving the treat and running like crazy so you don't get caught. On the treat is a note with a cute little poem saying it is their turn to "boo" someone, and they have to put a picture in their window showing that they have been hit. It is fun to see how many houses get "boo'd" before Halloween. My kids have so much fun doing this each year. It was also pretty fun to have such a cool and yummy treat to take around. If you would like to give this fun activity a try, here a link to the notes and picture (and to be honest, a better explanation of the game then I could give!) http://organizedchristmas.com/youve-been-booed

14 comments:

Cari Payne said...

ADORABLE!! I want some or atleast the recipe! Luvs, Cari

lydia moyer said...

you totally beat me to the punch girl! since i live 30 minutes from a regular priced grocery store i have been waiting to to buy me some candy coating so i can make some of these. i totally want to try the oreo ones yummm!

Melonius said...

Wow, you're quick! Looks like they turned out fabulously! {is that a word?}

tiarastantrums said...

I LOVE THESE and I am so going to that sight! I love the boos door thing - so cute - although we don't know any of our neighbors!
Do you bake as much as me? I just baked a cake tonight - so I won't be doing these treats until - well, maybe tomorrow - the cake will likely be gone by then. (I've only had one piece so far - REALLY!!)

Gini said...

I bake something just about everyday, and I live for projects like these!
The boo thing is a great way to get to know those neighbors!

Aaron said...

I think these are the same little cupcakes Rachel had at Lucy's birthday party, they are yummy.

Yumi said...

Cute, cute! I just may try and make some...although I'm really not as much a baker as I am a cook(er). :) Thanks for the idea!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

Wow!! Those look great! you have more patience then I do!

Emily said...

Good job Gini! I thought they were really cute when I saw them on bakerella, but yours look even better! I seriously don't know how you cook the way you do & stay so thin. That is a fun idea to boo your neighbors - Ava would love that...we'll have to think about copying your idea.

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Awsome! What cool treats. ask me how to make "finger" cookies. You'll love them.
Love You, Dad

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Love the Halloween twist on the cupcake bites! We had so much fun making these for Lucy's birthday and I was suprised that they were really pretty easy to make.

Kathryn said...

Those are so stinking cute! I have to check those out. Last year I did a halloween themed dinner. Dip in a bread coffin with a skeleton hanging out. Spider web 7 layer dip etc. I got the idea out of a magazine. It was so fun. We also made homemade rootbeer with dry ice in a witch's cauldron. The kids loved it.

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

Oh how cute! I love them. I'm going to have to give those a try. You are such a fun mom. I know I have told you that before but really you are!

Martindale 5 said...

Gini- you've got to go to thecutestblogontheblock.com get your Twilight accessories to add to your blog. I know you will love them. Natalie