CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"QWOIDERS"

Last night after tucking the kiddos in bed, Jason and I were relaxing watching hero's, When we hear Will screaming crying coming down the stairs. After a few minutes we finally got him calmed down enough to understand what he was saying, "I swaloowed a qwoider!! It hoits in my tummy!" (translation: I swallowed a quarter and it hurts in my tummy.) After calming him down and getting the crying stopped we asked why he had a quarter in his mouth. He replied, "I don't know how the qwoider got in my mowf (mouth). Bennett didn't put it dere (there), Isabel didn't put it dere, Evan didn't put it dere and Lillia didn't put it dere. You know that you and Mommy didn't put it dere. I just woke up and it was in my mowf." We had to have a little honesty talk and then he said, "Okay, I put the qwoider in my mowf and then I swalooed it!" that brought on even more tears! I asked him why he was crying he said, " it is in my tummy and Dad said tomorrow it will be in my poop. It is going to hoit (hurt) coming out!" More crying.... More crying.... and more crying. Finally when he settled down enough I told him I swallowed a coin once and I didn't even feel it when it came out. That seemed to make him feel better. I made him show me what kind of "qwoider" it was, and pulled a few coins out of my pocket. It turns out that it was a penny not a quarter. He was so scared to go to the bathroom this morning, and was relieved to find that it didn't hurt. I don't think he will be putting any more money in his mouth any time soon! (hopefully nothing else either!)

5 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

poor kid - and it usually takes about 3 days before it appears! (but you may want to take him to get an xray if you don't see it by then)
Love the costumes! I'm with you on recycle - kids croaked as well! Althoughbaby girl WAS NOT going to put that little chick costume on for anything again. Just like Lillia!! I can't believe she wore it through the night - she doesn't look very happy!!

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

I really don't think you need to carefully examine his poop! (I have this horrible picture in my head) A penny is small enough that it won't be a problem. Of course in today's economy, recovery might be important.
Love, Dad

Jake and Megan said...

It always so much funnier when it is not your own child! I was laughing, because I can totally see Will talking. He is such a cute little kid.

Emily said...

Hahaha. That sounds so tramatic - I agree with Megan's comment about Will's cute voice. Knowing how he talks makes the story that much better!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

too funny!