CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Mom update

My Mom had her third chemo treatment today. Each one seems to be getting a little worse. The Doctor told her this would most likely happen as the poisons build up in her body. I haven't talked to her today, but I have had her in my thoughts. She is amazing, she is still continuing to work, even though she is feeling even more sick. I know that working is helpful because it helps to take her mind off of it, but I hate that she is working so hard when she really doesn't feel up to it! She is not supposed to lose her hair with this kind of treatment, but she says that everyday she sees more of it on her bathroom floor. She can even find a positive thing for this. She says it will just give her an opportunity to check out new hairstyles with cute wigs! (always the happy go lucky!) The good news is with each treatment she has, the closer she is to being done! Only nine more to go. I think she should have a party with each treatment. In two weeks she can have a number eight party, and then keep counting down until zero! We love you Mom, and you are always in our thought and prayers.

2 comments:

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Mom's been very sleepy this morning, and has been dozing on and off while we wait for the "empty" alarm on her chemo infusion pump to go off so I can disconnect her from it. I read your post to her and it made her cry. (good cry) We didn't go to church this morning because we knew the alarm would go off in the middle of sacrament meeting. Well it has given the alarm now and I've removed all the needles and tape and she is thrilled that she can soak in the tub again and wash her hair. Three Down!

Yumi said...

I wish your Mom and your family all the best...
like I said, I only have experience with watching my little sister get very small doses of chemo (I think 6 or 8 treatments, and much less than normal cancer patients) for her molar pregnancy. It was hard, but she was a trooper!
Good luck!!