CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Amazing Magician!!

Tonight we had pack meeting (ah, the joys of cub scouts!) The theme was ABRACADABRA. So each of the kids planned a magic trick to perform in front of everyone. Bennett was so excited to perform his magic trick! He practiced all afternoon, and had his younger brothers in awe, wondering how on earth he did that! It was really funny to see their faces as he would perform. You could see the wheels turning in their heads, but Bennett would just say "a magician never reveals his secrets!" He really is quite the showman, and loves to be the center of attention. (I know this has nothing to do with pack meeting, but it proves my point about Bennett being a showman. When he was a sunbeam, he was asked to give a talk in primary. He got up to the microphone, did a wonderful job on his talk and closed with "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen" Jason had been standing next to him, to help if he needed it, and started to turn to walk down from the podium. Bennett then wrapped both hands around the microphone and proceeded to say, "I will now teach you my favorite song" Jason quickly turned back around and tried to get him away from the microphone, but Bennett had a firm grip of the thing and did not want to let go and sit down. Jason finally got him down, and after the closing prayer, Bennett took off out the door. We finally found him in the gym, on the stage, with about twenty kids on the floor watching him as he taught them his favorite song! See what I mean, born showman!) Bennett did a great job and is looking forward to the next family get together so he can perform it again. I am the cub comittee chairman, and it really is fun to be part of the cub scout program, while Bennett is going through it. It is hard to believe that he is a webelos and will be a boy scout next year! They grow up so fast.

2 comments:

Yumi said...

So weird! We just came home from our ward's Blue & Gold dinner and I checked out your blog and you guys had scouts night, too! So neat you are in the scouting program. Since I only have girls...being in the Primary presidency is as close to the scouting program that I'll probably ever get...

oh, and I like the blog layout! I love green! I didn't like my layout so changed it again...I'm so indecisive!

Jake and Megan said...

That was amazing! We will have to have a magic show for FHE soon. Bennett is quite the magician!