CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WII fun

Today was a cold and rainy day, so my kids asked if they could play the Wii. I don't like to let them play to much because I think it's better to have them outside running around, but since it was such an ugly day today I let them. The truth is, the Wii is a great way for them to burn off any extra energy. I have always been against video games because the kids just sit there staring at the screen and would do it for ever if I'd let them. So Jason and I agreed a long time ago, that we would not get the kids any video games. That was before we found out about the Wii. This thing is awesome! After 15 minutes (depending on the game) they are exhausted! They are up moving around and interacting with each other, we love it. We got it for the kids for Christmas, (no easy task, since they are sold out in every store 5 seconds after they get put on the shelf) the next day they all woke up with stiff, sore muscles from playing! It was the funniest thing. Boxing is one of the hardest games, just because you get so tired after only a few minutes. My boys get so hot and sweaty, they have decided the best way to "box" is with their shirts off. I love to watch them play, I just sit back and laugh.

2 comments:

Yumi said...

I, like you, am not much of a gamer and neither is Mitch. But, my sister got the Wii for Christmas and ALL of us were hooked on it! I haven't tried the boxing, but saw everyone else working up a sweat playing that! I'm more of a golf/tennis person. But, yea...that's one video game Mitch has said he would actually consider buying.

Jake and Megan said...

Jace is wishing he could be there! He wants a WII so bad! Will is so funny moving his little legs as fast as he can! Good workout!