CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

U of U gymnastics

Isabel and I went to a U of U gymnastics meet on Friday. Trena had a few extra tickets and since Isabel is a big gymnastics fan, we were all over it. We had the best time. We left for Utah after Isabel got out of school Friday and we met up with my Aunt and Uncle, Kathy and Lance. Two of my most favorite people in the entire world!! They are awesome. They took us out to dinner, and then off to the meet where we met up with Kirk and Trena and the kids. Isabel and I had never been to a gymnastics meet before, and didn't really know what to expect. It was quite the show! When it started, the lights went off and as they introduced the team, the fireworks and the strobe lights got going. I felt like I was at a concert. Utah's team is ranked number two in the nation and beat the number one ranked team. They rocked, so it wasn't really a fair match against BYU. There is one girl on Utah's team that really stood out of the crowd, Ashley Postell. She was really amazing and so much fun to watch. She got a perfect ten on the beam, which was I think, the coolest part of the night. She did a back handspring, 3/4, into a handstand on the beam!!! It was incredible! She didn't even wobble. It is all Isabel has talked about since we've been home. We had such a fun time, thank you Trena for the tickets!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun. I have never been to a gym meet so it was fun to hear about how they work. I can tell by Isabel's beaming smile that she was in heaven!

Jake and Megan said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You and Isabel really do like twins. We had fun with Jason and kids. We need to get together more.