CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

my beautiful creation!



I am so proud of myself!! Today I made this beautiful three layer devils food cake, from scratch! I have never made one before and yes, maybe I am a little to excited, but I don't care. Look how pretty it is, and even better, it tastes SOOOO good! I did try to make one when Jason and I were first married for his birthday. I made it with a box mix, (which was my fatal mistake) and when I tried to stack them, the cakes crumbled and fell apart. That was ten years ago, and I thought it was about time I tried again. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know. It was really a lot easier then I thought it would be. I know I shouldn't say that, I should say, it was so very hard to make and really time consuming, only a really, really well trained cook should attempt to bake this. But the truth is anyone can make it!

5 comments:

jenn w said...

I am drooling. I love cake, from a box or from scratch, I dont care-just give me some. I would love the recipe! You should just post it. Way to go Martha!

Mac and Kelly said...

mmm, maybe I hsould pay you to make Mac a birthday cake, since I will be gone for his birthday!

Yumi said...

I agree with Jenn...you'll probably get quite a few requests for the recipe (me, included) so you should just post it already! :)
And, your cake looks very professional! I'm so impressed!

Emily said...

that looks so good right now! Why do I have to live so far away? :( Please post the recipe - not that I'll ever be able to make it. Anytime someone says "it is so easy to make" I without fail can't make it, but oh well I still want the recipe.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

You should be proud of yourself! That looks delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe.