CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

JASON

How long have you been married?
We got married in December 1996. Going on 12 years now, WOW!

How long did you date?
We only dated for two months before we got engaged! I know it's pretty fast. I can remember Megan saying "wow, you guys are sure moving fast." It was before I really knew Megan, and didn't quite know what to make of the comment. But, she was right. We were moving fast and it all worked out o.k.

How old is he?
Jason is 35, five years older than me. His family likes to tease him about that fact a lot. Especially since I'm younger than his younger sister, Susan and his younger brothers wife, Megan.

Who eats more sweets?
With out a doubt, I do. I have a weakness for sweets.

Who said "I love you" first?
Jason did, although he now denies it. It was after only three days, which I clearly remember because I thought it was kinda weird. I didn't say it for a while after he did, but I do remember wanting to say it long before I did.

Who is taller?
Jason is taller, but not by much. When I wear heels, we are the same.

Who can sing better?
I sing better, although I think if Jason tried he could really sing. He is always trying to sing as bad as he possibly can. Especially when he gets with his brothers.

Who is smarter?
I think we both have our strong subjects, but over all, Jason.

Who does the laundry?
I do the laundry and Jason does the ironing. I think it's a good combination.

Who does the dishes?
Mostly me, but every now and then when I've had a hard day, he does them. It makes me smile. :)

Who pays the bills?
Jason does, I have no idea what is in the account. I spend and he gets upset, it's kinda our thing. Jason is really good with the money and takes great care of me and the kids.

What are his hobbies?
Roping, roping and more roping!!! He also loves to play basketball, golf, and tennis.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Jason does. I don't know why really, we just have always slept that way. It's funny how that happens.

What are his guilty pleasures?
My cookies, he loves my cookies, and I love to bake, so it's a good match!

Who mows the lawn?
Jason does now, but before we got a tractor lawn mower we shared that job.

Who is his best friend?
His best friends are his brothers. They have so much fun together, and it's really funny to sit and listen to them talking, I laugh until my side hurts.

Who cooks?
I do ALL the cooking. He tries every now and then, but for all our sakes, I cook. Once for my birthday, he made me breakfast. He made pancakes from scratch, because I like them so much better than the mix. He put in way to much baking soda, I mean WAY to much. Isabel took the first bite and told me they were really gross. So I tried a bite, and because he had gone through so much trouble I smiled and swallowed the bite. Jason saw right through me, and took a bite of the pancake, and about threw up! So i figured that I didn't have to eat them. The pancake seriously bubbled in my mouth. I do love him for trying.

Who drives?
Jason does all the driving. Every now and then when we are on a long trip he will have me drive when he gets tired. I think it's a guy thing.

Who wears the pants?
I think that depends on the issue, but we pretty much share the pants.

Who kissed who first?
I made the first move, and Jason was happy to go along with it. I am not shy about that stuff. I also made the first move when we met. We were at a club and I saw him watching me, so I asked him to dance. The rest is history...

What was your first date?
Jason took me horse back riding. It was really cool, except I am allergic to horses. I didn't know this because I had never been around horses before. I spent most of the night sneezing and blowing my nose. To be honest, I was a little surprised we had a second date!

Who proposed?
Jason proposed. Jason had a roping in Winnemucca Nevada, and asked me to go with him for the weekend. At first I told him no, because I had to work, but he was very persistent, so I rearranged my schedule so I could go. I didn't drive at the time so he had to come to Bozeman to pick me up (three hour drive) just to turn around and drive back and head to Nevada. I thought It was crazy to do all this extra driving just so I could watch him rope. We had only been in the car about an hour and Jason said he needed to get out and stretch. So he got out and I stayed in the car.( I didn't realize that he wanted me to get out also) He casually says "will you get my sun glasses out of the jockey box for me"(the "jockey box" is the glove compartment for all you normal people) I opened the "jockey box" and saw the ring box sitting there. I looked over at Jason and he was just grinning, it was really cute. I opened the box and saw the ring, gave a little squeal and jumped out of the car. Jason then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Now remember we were just on the side of the road, so all these cars were driving by honking. It was pretty funny. I said yes and he put the ring on my finger. It was about ten times to big!! It didn't even fit on my thumb. So on the way through Pocatello, where he bought the ring, we stopped and had it sized. I was not to happy because I had just been given the ring and now I had to give it up for a week!! He later told me that he was going to wait and ask me over a romantic dinner but he was so nervous and couldn't wait that long! He is so cute. When we got to Winnemucca, a lot of his family and friends were there for the roping. We told them we were engaged, but no one believed us. They thought we were joking because I didn't have a ring. Talk about rubbing salt in my wound!! Every time we drive past that spot on that highway, we look and say AHHHH. I know were cheesy.

Who has more siblings?
We both come from large families, but Jason's is bigger. He has 5 sisters and 3 brothers.

What is your favorite thing about him?
I have so many things I love about Jason. I love how adventurous he is. He is always up for anything even if he has never done it before. I love what a good Daddy he is, the kids adore him and look forward to spending time with him. I love how he takes care of me and the kids, and how we never have to worry. I love his competitive spirit, he is so much fun to watch when he's roping or playing basketball or tennis. He gets so into it, and he is really good. He's pretty much good at everything he tries, which can make me sick sometimes, but I really do like that about him. I love how he can talk to anyone, even if they are a total stranger, he can start up a conversation and talk forever.(he gets that from his Dad.) I love his smile. He has a smile that brightens my day. Even when I am in a bad mood, he will smile and it makes me smile.I love that I can be myself around him, and know that he won't criticize or make fun of me.(I am a big dork!!) He is a great husband and father and I still, after eleven years of marriage, feel that I am lucky to be with him.

I tag Yumi and Rachel!

9 comments:

Mac and Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I'm so glad that you wrote about Jason. It is funny how much all the brothers are alike - even though they are so +56+506

Emily said...

Sorry, Ava got ahold of the keyboard! Anyways, like I was saying - even though these guys are so "tuff" they are all pretty sweet when it comes to their families. It makes me smile. Your comment about the brothers getting together and laughing is so true - Jed always says that if Jake/Jason even barely laugh he can't control himself & he can't stop laughing. We miss you guys a lot!
PS - I showed Ava the picture of Isabel & Jason (which is a great pic by the way) & I asked her who they were & she said Isabel & Uncle Jake. I said - that's not uncle Jake! And she whispered in my ear - I know dat mommy, i just teasin' with Uncle Jason. And then she started giggling really hard! I thought it was pretty cute.

Jake and Megan said...

It fun to hear about all the nice things about Jason. I know Jake really looks up to Jason. He always wanted to be like Jason or do whatever he does(i.e. Jake's mullet and mustache in the 90's not so hot as Jasons in the 80's)You are great couple together! I am sorry about by commet about taking it too fast, I really didn't mean anything by it. I am glad you guys took it so fast.

Gini said...

Oh Megan, your so funny, I'm glad you said it. You are a very honest person, and I love that about you! I know you didn't mean anything by it. No worries:)

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Thanks for sharing about your hubby. I had a good time writing about Bracan and remember a lot of fun experiences.

Nicole Stucki said...

Gini- Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. That is a funny story about Bennent. I can't believe your kids. Little Isabel is a mini you. She is so pretty. I love all your answers about you and Jason. It is so much fun getting to things about everyone.

Leslie said...

I didn't know Jason has such a soft side! He seems to love being a dad. I'm glad you found my blog and I found yours! It's a fun way to keep in touch.

jenn w said...

Gini,

I loved reading about you and Jason. I remember hearing from Penny when you got engaged that you met someone 'quite a bit older' than you =), a country boy, very nice..and yes that you had only known him for a little bit before you got engaged. He really does sound great! I love learning the details about relationships.
By the way, I went private on mine, so let me know if you want an invite...shadycat74@yahoo.com