CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

warning: for female eyes only!!

Disclaimer: Read at your own risk. You have been warned. I will not be responsible for anyone being uncomfortable or offended. This post is for female eyes only.

I felt that with summer on it's way it was time for a little female waxing. That's right, bikini waxing time. I normally have this done during the summer months and then I let myself go during winter hibernation. The past few summers however, have been with out this summer ritual for two reasons. The first summer I was pregnant and my skin gets very sensitive while I am with child. The last time I had a wax while pregnant, I ended up with huge scabs above my eyebrows. So I avoid it, like the plague while preggers. Last summer I had a newborn and I was not quite myself, so I didn't bother. So last week, I decided it was time to buck up and have it done. I seriously had the full on fur bikini. The poor girl that did it had no idea what she was getting into! It took almost an hour and, yes, it was extremely painful, but oh, so worth it. I know it sounds strange for me to say I feel pretty because of a bikini wax. But the truth is, I do! This is something that I believe all women should do. So I am recommending it to anyone reading this. The first time you have it done is the worst, but after that, each one gets easier, and quicker. The great thing about it is, you don't have to worry about grooming that area for five or six weeks after it's done. Unlike with shaving, you have to do it everyday and then you deal with the painful in grown hair and it is never really smooth. Yes, waxing can be a little embarrassing at first, but the women who wax for a living do it all the time. They have seen it all, and once you find someone you are comfortable with, it really is no big deal. So I am challenging you all to go and get a bikini wax, (strange challenge yes I know) you will thank me for it! (and so will your husband!)

13 comments:

Dave Hahn said...

Not that you want to know, but I shave. I use a product called "Coochy" from Slumber Parties, no rash, no ingrowns, just smoothness. I love it. I am too chicken to wax.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Ok, you are so brave to post this on your blog, but so glad you did. I too am all for the bikini wax, but I have been trying to decide if it's worth it to do it right now. Fortunately I don't have a problem getting waxed while prego, but I just can't decide if I really care that much right now to get it done. Also it's a little more painful because of the extra blood flow. I had it done before Lucy was born because I just couldn't imagine a baby having to come through a jungle and I do think it's more sanitary than shaving. Anyway, glad you brought this topic up because I need to make a decision soon!

Yumi said...

Oh, you are so funny. This is definitely something you can't discuss with anyone other than another woman! And I, too , think you are very brave for posting this. My sister's friend has her's "Brazillian" waxed before giving birth and I don't think I can do that--However, living in Hawaii, we go to the beach VERY OFTEN. So, that being said, I do wax...although I do it myself. I'm too shame to ask anyone else to do it...

Gini said...

I tried to wax myself once, I bruised myself so badly! I will never try that again! I do have more than just the sides waxed but I don't think I could ever do the brazillian wax!

Jake and Megan said...

Can't say that I ever done a bikini wax. I am not a real hairy person, only have to shave my legs maybe once every couple weeks. I did get my eyebrows and upper lip lasered (?) a couple months ago. It hurt so bad, but nice I haven't had to wax for awhile.

Mac and Kelly said...

I have been thinking about getting this done, but I too am trying to decide if I really care enough to pay for this. Does it leave bumps on your bikini line? Becuase, when I shave down there, I have a really bad rash for days. Next time we are together, remember to ask me about my home bikini wax I attempted two days before Mac and I got married. Let's just say that I pretty much had a chastity belt of pink wax that wouldn't come off!

Tara said...

I'm all for it! In fact, it's been lasered away! Like Megan said, laser HURTS like the dickens, but it's quick and done with. I had to keep telling myself as the laser would zap a feeling of being burnt by my curling iron that "no pain, no gain" and I can definately say, I've gained the joy of not having to wax down there anymore:)

tiarastantrums said...

Funny - I had mine pre-vacation - not yet ready for tsummer daze!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

That is so funny. I have chickened out everytime I have attempted to go. I need moral support. I will have to go and try it. Bennett looks like an all star! You are such a fun mom. It is so much fun reading your blog. I love it!

Nicole Stucki

Leslie said...

I've been contemplating the whole bikini wax thing. Never done it, but I think I'm up to the challenge. Where's a good place to go?

Gini said...

Wow, I had no idea this would be such a hot topic!
I have tried a couple different places. My two favorite are the essence of you day spa in I.F. and serenity day spa, in Rigby. My favorite is the one in rigby. The one in Idaho Falls is really nice, but I was a lot more comfortable with the gal in Rigby.

jenn w said...

Gini,

I cant tell you how many times in my life I have wanted to do this. And LOL to Rachael about her baby coming thru a jungle! Its so true though. I wanted a wax so badly for masons birth but figured whats the point...im so huge and nasty anyway, right? But now that im in better shape than ever and feeling really good, ive been thinking about it more than ever, and then i saw your post! Im so getting it done now.

Gini said...

I have always thought this is something they should offer women in the hospital before they give birth. Especially if they have had an epidural, you can't feel anything, so it would be the perfect time! Then the baby wouldn't (as Rachel said) have to go through a jungle!