CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

summer race schedule

Since spring has finally sprung, I am planning out what races I will be doing this summer. I have tried to find one a month, so that I stay motivated. I would love to run these with someone else, so if anyone is interested, let me know. Most of these races have a 5k, 10k, 13.1, and 26.2. So even if your not up to the 13 miles, you could do 3 or 6 miles. I am planning on running the half in all of them.

June 14th: Bear Lake 1/2 marathon

July 19th: Bryce Canyon marathon
(I was planning on doing the Boise, fit for life race, but Tresa reminded me it was the same day as Whitney's wedding!)

August 23rd: Mesa Falls marathon

August 30th: Salt Lake 1/2 marathon and relay

September ?: Rim to Rim in Twin Falls (this one is only 7.5 miles, but I have heard it is really hard.)

Hope to hear from some one who wants to run with me!!

7 comments:

Trena said...

Hate to say, Gini, but not many "Ericksons" are up to running!! :) I'd love to but maybe next year after my muscles are back after the knee surgery. I'm more of a 5K person. Have fun & good luck!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I'd love to join you for the SL one in August! I guess it kind of depends if I have to have surgery again to get this baby out and when the baby decides to come. But I will keep that race in mind for getting back into shape.

Emily said...

I would love to be running with you this summer! Maybe in about 6 years we can plan something...

Yumi said...

Oooo...I would SO run with you! If only I lived in Utah or Idaho...and weren't pregnant. Maybe one day...like I said! Come to Hawaii next year and I'll absolutely run with you! (except the full marathon...that'll have to wait another couple of years 'till I get my "groove" back.)

Tara said...

Gini- I'm planning on doing the Teton Dam 1/2 in June, I think we (Jake and I somehow got volunteered to do this) are going to plan an Erickson reunion of some sort that same weekend, so ditch Bear Lake and do the Teton instead!! The following weekend in June I'm doing the Wasatch Back relay from Logan to Park City- if you are seriously interested, let me know and I can see if there's still a spot to fill on our team. No races for me in July due to Cole's brother's wedding, but I'll do Hobble Creek 1/2 in August and St. George marathon in October! You really should try and get into St. George, it's such a blast! So it looks like we're off times and dates to be able to run together, that is unless you decide to do Teton Dam:) Good luck in your training, I'm so with ya on that one- if I don't have races ahead of me, I find ice cream and tv more interesting than running shoes! When I'm up in Idaho I'll call you to do long runs-wanna do 10 this Saturday?

Nicole Stucki said...

Hey Gini, I am trying to train for the Teton Dam 1/2 Marathon right now. I would love to run with you. I will have to look at my calander and see what races I can do. I am excited to start running. I am pretty out of shape but working on it. Anyway let me know if you need a running partner. I don't live too far from you.

Matt Berry said...

If you are still going to Bear Lake we will be down there the 14th as well playing softball.