CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend


Friday Isabel, Lillia and I headed up to my parent's home in Bozeman to spend Mothers day with my Mom. The boys had a father/son camp out on Friday night, so we decided it would be easier to split up for the weekend and we could celebrate Mothers day for me another time. I had no idea what I was getting myself into with this drive. I thought it would be a nice easy drive (I mean really, it is May!!) but this is what I ran into. I couldn't believe how much it snowed. It even got a lot worse before it got better. I was really excited when I nearly ran into a herd of bison on the road. (I really mean it when I say "nearly ran into", they were right in the middle of the road!!) Isabel was so excited to see the little baby bison. We also saw them on the way home. I guess they hang out there, just past West Yellowstone. It was a fun treat to see them.




............................................................................................................................................



Saturday was night and day difference from Friday. We had really nice weather and took advantage of it! My parents live on a golf course, which is really nice, they have a huge back yard it's only the sixth green! So Grandpa loved this opportunity to teach his Grand kids (I say grand kids, because my little brother Charlie, and his wife Candi, and their two little boy's were also there.) how to golf. Isabel took to it really fast, (like she does with every other sport) and had a great time. All us girls, (My Mom, Candi, Isabel and I) decided to spend the day shopping and hanging out. It was so much fun. I don't get a lot of opportunities to do this, so I had a great time.

That was a little later in the day, just some cute pictures of Lillia, downing a banana. She loves to eat!


Even Lillia was enjoying the nice weather we were having, now if it would only stay!

3 comments:

Yumi said...

Holy cow! or, Holy bison, I should say! (ok, that was bad, I'm sorry) But seriously, that's just crazy to see a whole herd of bison wandering the mountain roads...it's like an entirely different world you and I live in. The only wildlife we get to see on the side of the roads here are the occasional mongoose...
And that snow! We definitely live in two different worlds, Gini!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Looks like you had a fun little girls retreat! Love the banana pictures. Lucy also loves bananas and will shove huge amounts in her mouth at once and sometimes start eating the peel if I'm not fast enough for her.

Emily said...

Lillia is so cute. Her hair is getting really long!