CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday JJ


My good friend JJ had a birthday today, so I thought I'd make her a cake. I love to work with fondant, and I wanted to practice for Lillia's birthday tomorrow. I had so much fun making this cake. I think Lillia's cake will look a lot like this one. We will not be having the official birthday party for Lillia until Friday because we have such a busy week ahead, but considering she is turning one, I don't think she'll mind!
JJ has been an amazing friend to me over the last five, six years. I really don't know what I'd do without her. We live out on the ward boundaries, and for a long time we were the only families out here, so we learned to take care of and lean on one another. Now that the area has grown and is continuing to grow, we have more people to look out for, but we still lean on each other. When I think of a true friend, I think of JJ. Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

beautiful cake!!
Such a good friend!

Yumi said...

That is one seriously cute cake! I've never used fondant...I think it scares me. Do you ever watch "Ace of Cakes" on Food Network? It's CRAZY what you can do with cake and fondant! Great Job!!
You're such a great friend!

Gini said...

I love that show. I checked them out on line to see about ordering a cake, but talk about expensive!! Plus they don't ship them this far. Oh well I guess I'll just have to get better.

Leslie said...

WOW!!! You put Martha to shame! Nice job.