CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a crazy day!

I had the craziest, super busy day today! I started out trying to get awards for my cub scouts, what a joke! I use to be able to just go to the scout office and pick up any awards that I needed, but now you have to go online and fill in all these forms and it is a big frickin mess. Most of the time the scout office computer is down and then it takes hours to do one simple award. Well today I had eleven awards to get, all going to different boys so I was on the computer forever!! I'm not kidding it took me over three hours to fill out these stupid forms, that should have only taken me five minutes, but their computer wasn't working! Pack meeting is tomorrow, so I had to get it done today. After I finally got the computer things figured out, I headed to Idaho Falls to pick up the awards. Well it turns out their computers were really screwed up today and they hadn't received my forms!! So I had to do it all over again at the scout office. An hour and a half later I left with the awards I needed, needless to say I was a bit frustrated! I had a lot of other things to do for pack meeting, which took up the better part of my day. I finally get home and have to rush to get the kids ready for baseball. That's right I said "the kids," Evan and Isabel have started baseball now. Evan had practice at 5:30 to 6:30, then Isabel had practice from 7:00 to 8:00 and then Bennett had a game at 6:30. I was so bent out of shape from the whole cub scout mess, and in a rush to get the kids where they needed to be, throwing them in the car while they are all screaming at each other, the next thing I know, I hear this big crunch! As I was pulling out of the garage, I failed to notice that Jason had parked his pick up behind me and slammed into it! Now on my defense, he never parks there. We have this huge yard and driveway and he picks right behind me to park. I am saying all this to point the finger at someone other than me, but the truth is it was all my fault! All I had to do was look in my rear view mirror and I would have seen this giant truck behind me. UGGGG! What a day I am having! So after having a few words with Jason, and shedding more then a few tears, I finally got Evan to his baseball practice. Oh, but that's not all, while Evan was practicing I let Isabel and Will play on the play ground next to the field. After practice I'm grabbing them all, and rushing to get them in the car to get to Isabel's practice, and I notice Isabel's pants are wet. She has had a potty accident because she couldn't find a bathroom! So we have to hurry and drive home so she can change and get to practice on time. I drop her off at practice and rush to Bennett's game. While I was watching him play, I notice Will has wet pants. Yes, that's right, another potty accident! So after only getting to watch about 15 minutes of Bennett's game, I have to take Will home to change. By the time we got home and I got Will changed, it was time to pick up Isabel. Bennett's game ends at eight, so we just headed home yet again. On the way home, out of the corner of my eye, I see what I think at first is a huge horse. I slow down and get a better look, no not a horse, but a moose, out in our neighbor's field! I was pretty excited about this, because it is not to often that we see a moose around here. So I grabbed my camera and got out of the car. I was trying to get as close as possible to get a good picture and got as close as I could, while feeling safe. I was looking through my camera, trying to get it to focus on the moose. When I finally got it to focus, the moose was gone. I looked up from my camera, to see where it had gone, and found it charging at me! I took off running as fast as I could back to the car and just about had an accident in my pants! The moose stopped and snorted only about 15 yards away from me! Oh that was a little to close for me, but I was able to get a few good shots on my camera from inside the car! After finally getting home and the kids to bed, whew, I'm so tired! What a crazy day. I hope tomorrow goes a little better.

Here is my poor van, I guess it could have been worse, but still. I want to cry (again) just looking at it! Jason's pick up is fine, not even a scratch.

This is the female moose that almost killed me. (o.k., so maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic, but still really scary!)

16 comments:

Tiff and Dave said...

I'm sorry Gini, but I was cracking up through this whole post! WHAT A DAY! I was worn out just reading it! I can't believe the moose was coming after you! That is definitely a day you want to record, but hope to never repeat!

lydia moyer said...

when it rains it pours! hopefully you got your weekly quota of disasters in one day so the rest of your week should be great, right? (ya, right!)

Yumi said...

Whoa, what a day!
Sorry about your car...and they double potty accidents...and almost getting run down by a moose...
And, just to be clear, all those practices are PM, right? Hawaii doesn't have daylight savings so I'm simply amazed that kids' games and practices go till 8!! I've been away from the "mainland" too long.

tiarastantrums said...

Oh youpoor girl!
I hate these sort of days!!
Pack some clothes in your car girl!! I always have extra everything in the car for emergencies!!
Love the moose - very cool!!

Cecily R said...

Animals that big scare the crud out of me even when they're NOT trying to kill me!!! I think I would have had a heart attack!!!!

Sorry about your van. Mine looks like that but it's because my husband ran into a tree...

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

I'm with Lydia. The rest of the week will be wonderful! (the moose was pretty cool though) Also, be glad it was only Jason's truck that was behind your van. That's just to scary!

Nicole Stucki said...

Oh Gini that is a day to remember. I was reading the post and when I got to the moose part I thought to myself.."Now watch the moose charges at her." I can't believe it really did! Sorry about your van. That is something I would do. You are such a great mom.

lydia moyer said...

hey one more thing i wanted to say, i see our taste in music has stayed the same, thats cool!

Stacy Stoddard said...

thank you for the laugh and for almost making me pee my pants. I am sure that you will laugh at this one day, in the mean time i hope you tell Jason you are now off duty and get to go have your own girl time.

Leslie said...

WOW !! I think my blood pressure went up just reading about your eventful day! I would be scared to death if a moose charged me too. Wishing you better weekend!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Gadzooks! You had one crazy day! That's one too many accidents for one day. Glad you're a fast runner and nobody was seriously injured!

Tara said...

Man I'm worn out just reading this post, what a insane day of all days!! And to almost be killed while trying to get just the right picture, all the driving back and forth and back again, the dreaded scout awards, I hope I never get that calling!! At least we know the sun goes down just as quickly as it comes up again, hope you had a better day! By the way, if you're interested, my good friend is trying to find one last leg to run in their relay for Teton, let me know if you want to do it or if you know someone who might?

Brittany said...

Wow! What a day! That is one for the books! I can't believe you saw a MOOSE!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I saw one standing in the snake river once when I was driving to Rexburg but never one so close!!!! Glad it didn't kill you. ;)

Jake and Megan said...

Oh Man! What a crazy day! I am so sorry! This is will be funny after a couple months. Ouch--hitting Jason's truck! I can just see Jason just comforting you and telling you it is ok for hitting his truck!) Crazy that you saw a moose. They are huge--I came face to face with one,it even broke my nose!

Gini said...

Oh man Megan, that's right! I guess You're not even safe in a car when it comes to a moose!

tball said...

YEAH!, now I'm not the only one who has backed out of the garage into their husband's pickup!
I've actually done it twice though...once into Jeff's big pick up (when we'd only had it 1wk) and made a BIG sideswipe dent (it was in the next stall over) and once into his small pick up (minor, only a couple of license plate marks on my bumper). At least you only have a dent in one vehicle instead of both!