CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Idaho History

Bennett and I worked all night on his Idaho history project. Thank goodness it is now done!! I wanted to do something easier, but Bennett was quick to remind me that, "it's MY project Mom, not yours!" So we made a mountain, and a train, and a forest, all to symbolize the timber industry in the early Idaho days. He learned how workers would cut down whole forests and then move to the next without even thinking about what they were doing, and pretty soon Idaho was running out of trees, and many of the smaller timber companies had to call it quits. They finally realized they had to plant new trees when they would cut others down. It was about this time that President Roosevelt established national forests, to protect our forest land. I bet you didn't know all that, I didn't. Bennett thought it was funny that he knew more about Idaho history then me, I had to keep reminding him that I grew up in Seattle not Rigby!! He is very proud of his project and I am very glad it is done. Hopefully it makes it to school in one piece!


5 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

Oh, I love this!
I just finished a porject with my son on SPinosaurus!
Are we moms so funny!!
We just want to help!!!

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Hey Bennett, talk about awsome! what kind of grade did you get on your project? I wish I had you around when I was doing my projects. Love you-Grampa

Tara said...

Very creative and impressive! I LOVE the cake you posted earlier, SO cute! Can I place an order?? I'm happy you arrived and left Bozeman safely, I'm such a chicken to drive alone with my kids ever since I got a flat tire by the "B" near Bear River on 1-15. I need to get over it:)

Leslie said...

Don't you just love it when your kids are smarter than you? I learn something new every day from Parker.

Emily said...

Bennet that is so awesome! I didn't know anything about Idaho timber. You are really smart.