CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Mom update

My beautiful Mom had her first chemo treatment this week. She had her surgery in February, and was going to start chemo a few weeks later. When she went in to have her first treatment, they told her she was anemic and jaundice, so they wouldn't be able to start her on the chemotherapy treatments until that was taken care of. I think the hardest part was not knowing why she was anemic or jaundice, and just having to wait until she was better. The good news is, she is doing much better now and so far the chemo hasn't been that bad. She is dealing with a little nausea and she has a hard time eating or drinking anything to hot or cold, but overall she is doing really well. Hopefully the next six months will fly by and that will be the end to this cancer nightmare!

6 comments:

Yumi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! I can only imagine how stressing that can be! About 3 years ago, my little sister went through about 2 or 3 months of chemo-not for cancer, but a molar pregnancy (which is like a cancer of the placenta or something like that). I sat with her during some of her treatments and she was such a trooper for going through all of that- It was hard for me to watch, though. I have 3 aunties that have had breast cancer, so it definitely runs in our family. I pray your Mom will pull through it all, and kick it for good! Good luck to you and your family! Please send my love~

tiarastantrums said...

I will add your mum to my prayers!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

We are hoping and praying that things go well with your mom's treatments! Thanks for the update.

Tiff and Dave said...

So sorry to hear about you mom! Cancer is so scary, and I really hope all goes well for her!

I just got done reading your waxing post and I was cracking up! Way to say it like it is!! I've never done it, but would consider it!

I was sad I wasn't able to talk to you while I was home. Maybe next trip! Your kids are really growing up and they are so cute!

jenn w said...

Yes, thanks for the updates. I hope everything goes well. I remember meeting her a few times as a youth, she is such a sweetheart and still so gorgeous! I peeked at your Dads new blog, looks like they are enjoying themselves!

sus_kay@hotmail.com said...

tell your mom she is in our thoughts and prayers, hopefully all goes well.