CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day/Happy Birthday

I Just want to first of all say, Happy Mother's day to every Mother reading this!! Being a Mom is I think, one of the most challenging jobs out there. So here's to you Mom's, YOU ROCK!! I also want to tell the two Mom's in my life how much I love them and how much I appreciate everything they do for me and my family. Mom, you have made me the woman I am today, and I am truly thankful for your wonderful example. You have been the most amazing Mother and Grandmother. We are extremely lucky to have you in our lives. Coleen, You raised a wonderful Son, I know that he is who he is because of you (and his four other Mom's, his older sisters! Although they may have spoiled him a little, but that is a completely different post!) You are a loving a attentive grandma, and my kids look up to you and we all know that we can count on you for anything. I have such awesome examples in my life of what a mother should be, so thank you, both of my Mom's.
Mother's day was such a nice day. I was able to go to church with my parents and after enjoy a nice meal made by my little brothers, Mac and Charlie. I thought I needed to take a picture of this to prove to any non-believers that my brothers really did cook! And yes, they really are this cheesy all the time!
The beautiful Mom's (we missed you Robyn!)
We also celebrated Mac, Pip and Lillia's birthday's Mac and Pip are my little brother's, and their b-day was on Thursday. Yes, they are twins, and I know, they look nothing a like! Lillia's b-day is on Tuesday, so we thought we'd go a head and celebrate with my family today. She is pretty out of it, because I had to wake her up so she could be part of the birthday cake and song. Lillia was born on Mother's day last year, so it was only fitting that we sang to her today!


It's hard to say which family sings happy birthday worse, the Brown's or the Erickson's!!

This is all five of my brothers, (listed from youngest to oldest, left to right) Charlie, Pip, Mac, Zac, and Liberty. I love my bro's and I was so excited to get to see all of them. What a good looking group!

After parting with the Brown's, My girls and I headed home. I have made that drive to many times to count over the past twelve years, but today I saw something I have never seen before, a grizzly bear!! It was so cool, right before the Idaho border, a grizzly was just hanging out in an open field. I tried to get a picture, but I didn't get to my camera quick enough. So sad, sorry. I got home and was so happy to see all my boy's!! It was strange being with out them all weekend. They were so cute when I got home, running up, giving me hugs and telling me "happy Mother's day!" I had the best day, I hope that all of you Mom's had a great day as well.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Looks like you had an AWESOME mother's day, I am so glad! Well, minus the snowy drive. What is with this weather anyways!?!?!?

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Great that you could get together with so much family! Bracan liked seeing the picture of all the guys.

Christine and Ronnie Brown said...

Hey Gini, have you checked with your K-mart about the glf clubs yet? Let me know. It was sure fun having you here mothers day. see you soon, Love Dad

Leslie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with your family. It's always nice to go home.

lydia moyer said...

that felt like a trip down memory lane. it seems like forever ago and yet not so long ago. walking into your house in brier (and i do meen just walking in because nobody bothered to knock at your house)and seeing brothers all over the place. i bet robyn was jealous.
i had PMS cramps all day mothers day so i stayed in bed all day. it wasn't so bad. jason doted on me all weekend.

Jake and Megan said...

Happy Mother's Day Gini! You are a great mom. What a fun mother day for you! It is always fun to be around family!

Emily said...

what a fun weekend. I didn't realize you had so many brothers! I mean I knew you did, but in that picture there just looked like so many!:) Glad you made it safely.